Hi, I'm Ashley... hobby homesteader, cat mom, and homemade pizza enthusiast. I'm so happy you're here! My goal is to share my passion for scratch cooking with you and to provide you with scratch recipes that are fun, approachable, and most of all delicious.
I was born and raised in Massachusetts and still live here today. I love living in New England. The changing seasons are a wonderful and continuous reminder to utilize fresh, new ingredients in the kitchen every day.
As for my background, I am a registered dietitian and earned my bachelor's degree in food and nutrition from Framingham State University in 2018. I worked in the healthcare industry for over 14 years before starting Everyday Homemade in 2021. Burnt out with my career in healthcare, I started this blog as creative outlet. Cooking from scratch has always been something I love and I wanted to be able to share that love with others.
Fast forward to today, and blogging has become so much more than just a creative outlet. I love everything about blogging - from developing and sharing new recipes to food photography to writing posts with all of my best cooking tips. I want to continue to share my knowledge, experience, and passion for home cooking with as many people as possible.
So, whether you're a seasoned home cook or just learning the basics, I hope to inspire you to dust off that frying pan and get cooking!
10 Fun Facts About Ashley...
- I raise a small backyard flock of 15 chickens for eggs.
- My favorite hobbies include gardening, macrame, and baking sourdough bread.
- Speaking of sourdough, it took me years before I could finally bake a successful loaf of sourdough bread.
- I live with my fiancé and our two cats: Holland (7) and Maeve (2).
- My living room is filled with too many houseplants to count.
- Countries I've traveled to outside of the U.S.: Canada and the Dominican Republic.
- My favorite states to travel to include: Vermont, Maine, Arizona, and California.
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be pizza.
- I prefer salty snacks to sweet ones, but I'll never turn down a homemade cookie.
- Most listened to music genres: singer-songwriter, indie folk, and pop.
Feel free to contact me with questions or comments at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you!