Hi! I'm Ashley...
I’m a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist specializing in nutrition for women fifty and over. Using a weight-inclusive approach and evidence-based nutrition practices, I will help you navigate and find peace with the changes that come about as we age.
Having spoken with many women, including my own mom, about the struggles we face as we reach menopause and beyond, I understand how hard it can be and how lonely it can feel.
Our self-esteem often takes a hit as our bodies change in ways that seem out of our control. Fatigue and decreased mobility can make exercising feel impossible. Stress, insomnia, and night sweats can lead to sleep deprivation and intense cravings that are hard to kick.
I will teach you to curb cravings, reduce stress, and fight fatigue through balanced meal planning, gentle movement, and mindful eating techniques.
Like a fine wine, I believe that life only gets better with age.
Some Fun Facts About Me...
- I’m a self-proclaimed crazy cat lady. I have two kitties, Holland and Maeve, who totally run the show. Both of them are more obsessed with food than any other animal I’ve ever met.
- I also have 10 chickens – nine hens and one rooster. Going outside every morning to collect the eggs makes me so happy and I love being able to share the eggs with my friends and family.
- I’ve never been to the hospital as a patient (*knock on wood*). I’ve managed to avoid the ER for the first 32 years of my life and I’m hoping for another 32 years!
- Besides cooking, some of my favorite hobbies are gardening, walking the beach (especially in winter), and reading about historical events or natural disasters.
- Before I went to school for nutrition, I was a vegetarian for two years and a vegan for one year. Learning more about those diets is actually what led me to pursue this career!